Application Architect (5519, M2)
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Application Architect, based in Brussels.
Description of tasks
- Design, implementation and maintenance of software components for web-based applications;
- Design and development of architecture components and building blocks;
- Analysis and development of the integration of different information systems;
- Review of the architecture of existing systems;
- Data analysis and data modelling;
- Participate to requirements analysis, prototyping, definition and integration of technological components;
- Production of software architecture documents;
- Participation in technical working groups, progress meetings and meetings with the users;
- Assistance during relevant parts of testing, analysis, technical documentation, deployment, evaluation and reporting.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and skills
- Deep knowledge in the domain of Java Enterprise technology;
- Good knowledge of interoperability technology (e.g. web services, message oriented middleware, service bus);
- Good knowledge of web security authentication and authorisation (CAS, OAuth2, authentication delegation);
- Good knowledge on the scalability of IT systems with large datasets;
- Good knowledge on IT infrastructure (e.g. Load Balancer, Reverse Proxy Servers);
- Good knowledge of Application Development Lifecycle and Release Management;
- Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, good communication skills;
- Capability of integration in an international/multi-cultural environment.
- Analysis of requirements, drafting of specifications, and UML modelling using Enterprise Architect;
- Java technology (JDK 1.8) and J2EE architectures;
- Java tools and frameworks: Spring (4.3.4 or higher), Spring data (1.11.8 or higher), Spring Security (4.2.3 or higher), Hibernate (5.3.7 or higher);
- Web services (SOAP, REST), creation of WSDL;
- o Database design and SQL (Oracle RDBMS 188.8.131.52 or higher);
- Queues and topics: JMS;
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA);
- Continuous integration: Maven, Bamboo, SonarQube;
- Database source control: Liquibase (3.3.6 or higher).
- eUI framework (3.3.9 or higher);
- Development tools: IntelliJ;
- Enterprise Architect.
Working language is English. A very good command of the English language is mandatory.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies