Application Architect (4425, L4)
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Application Architect, based in Brussels.
- Analysis, design, development, test and deployment of components and modules of TRèFle application.
- Analysis, development and tests of integration scenarios between TRèFle and other DGT or Client’s information systems (e.g. Mandesk, Tradesk, ABAC - the Client’s accounting, budgetary and treasury system, and Commission’s corporate eProcurement applications).
- Technical analysis of change requests.
- Adaptations of existing modules, development and re-factoring of ColdFusion and SQL code.
- Analysis of production issues and elaboration of specific solutions (Bug fixing).
- Provision of studies, assessments, technical guidance and evaluations.
- Assistance in testing, evaluation and reporting.
- Elaboration of written documentation.
- Quality assurance of new modules/developments.
The Ideal Candidate
- Successful studies in an IT area with master’s level or 5 years of higher education
Remark: Where the minimum number of years of education is not fulfilled, 2 years of professional experience will be considered as equivalent for 1 year of study.
- Minimum 11 years of practical experience in the design, development and maintenance of IT
- applications with ColdFusion.
- Minimum 11 years of practical experience in Oracle database development.
- Minimum 2 years of proven experience and knowledge of public procurement procedures
- and financial applications.
- Expert knowledge of ColdFusion, Oracle database development, SQL development,
- Proven experience in architecture, design, development and deployment of mission-critical
- IT systems and professional Software Engineering in general.
- Capability to work in a structured way and to communicate with users, other developers and
- support staff.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to work under pressure and to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, good communication skills.
- Fluent in English, able to understand French.
- Experience in the domain of language and translation applications would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the Commission’s IT environment would be an asset.
- Knowledge of ABAC and Commission’s eProcurement applications would be an asset.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies