Application Architect (19288, L5)
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We are hiring an Application Architect for our prestigious partner DIGIT TM (DG Informatics) in Brussels. DIGIT-TM is a contract from the European Commission for IT services across Europe.
If you like to work in a multi-cultural and dynamic environment, this opportunity can answer to your expectation.
We look forward meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity!
At Serco, we do not only offer a career but also the opportunity to join a community where everyone’s wellbeing matters, by living out the Serco values in all we do!
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
Your tasks for this job:
- Architecture and design of information systems (conceptual, business, information and technology layers).
- Review of the architecture of existing systems, migration roadmap to the new back office system and phasing out of existing systems.
- Analysis of the integration of different information systems.
- Analysis, design and implementations of services and components in SOA context (BPMN, BPEL, SCA).
- Production of use case models, software architecture documents, design and analysis models, implementation models.
- Follow up of the data analysis and data modelling.
- Coordination of the implementation of the application and technical architecture.
- Help to deployment of the components, help to configuration management.
- Documentation of the technical implementations and the components
- Evaluate and test technical components delivered by other teams or external providers to ensure that they conform to the architectural requirements (including system security).
- Participation in technical working groups, progress meetings and meetings with the users.
- Assistance in testing, the technical documentation, the deployment, the evaluation and the reporting.
- Evaluate and analyse the impact of new software components or developments.
- Depending on the circumstances, you may be requested to provide assistance or support in the resolution of production issues
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
- In depth knowledge of JEE 8 (at least EJB3, JMS, JPA)
- Designing multilayer applications and integration points
- SOA and REST webservices, REST, XSD, SOAP, JAX-WS, JAXB (possibly also JAX-RPC)
- Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo, GIT
- Linux Operating System
- Oracle Database, Oracle middleware (SOA suite) and WebLogic Server (WS SOAP development)
- Agile development
- Autonomously plan and organize your architecture work (within the global objectives of the sector), while sharing and collaborating in your team and with others.
- Rapid self-starter
- Good communication and presentation skills, written and orally
- Very good practical knowledge of English
- UML Eclipse/Workshop 10.3, Ant or Maven, SoapUI.
- AWS, VDI and EC2 Administration
- Integration tools like Sonar, Jenkins
- Microservices (E.g. Kubernetes, AWS EC2)
- Application frameworks (E.g. Spring boot )
- Elastic Search
- Apache Kafka
- Activiti Workflow Engine
- Working in large teams
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies