Application Architect (17662, L3)
Ready to join our great Team from Brussels in an International Organisation to participate to the integration of a new Information system ?
You will integrate a Team that consists of configurators, database developers, project managers and business analysts who work closely to the stakeholders and the clients in order to achieve the smooth roll-out of the on boarding clients and the maintenance of the clients in service phase.
We are hiring our future Application Architect specialised in Oracle Databases.
At Serco, we do not only offer a career but also the opportunity to join a community where everyone’s wellbeing matters, by living out the Serco values in all we do!
- Data analysis, data modelling and data loading
- Prepare scripts and packages
- Design and development of architecture components and building blocks
- Analysis of the integration of different information systems
- Technical interface between the project leaders and the developers
- Production of software architecture documents
- Participation in technical working groups, progress meetings and meetings with the users
- Assistance during relevant parts of testing, analysis, technical
documentation, deployment, evaluation and reporting
- Architecture and design of information systems (database perspective)
- Review of the architecture of existing systems (database perspective)
- Investigation of horizontal issues
Knowledge and skills
- Excellent knowledge of database design
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL
- Knowledge of and proven experience with:
- SQL developer or TOAD
- GIT / Tortoise
- CLM tool: Jira
- Application server: WebLogic 12
- Methodologies: RUP, Agile
- Good redaction skills
- Ability to give technical presentations
- Ability to apply high quality standards
- Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application architecture and design
Due to the particular nature of a large international organisation such as the European Commission, you should also have the following nontechnical skills:
- Ability to participate in multilingual meetings
- Ability to understand, speak and write English; French is an asset
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment, on a large project
Education and Experience
- Minimum 9 years of relevant experience
- Experience in the Human Resource Domain is an asset.
WARNING: all proposed candidates should be security clearable (with scope application EU).
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies