Application Architect (15855, L5)
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Application Architect, in an International Organisation, based in Brussels.
You should work in an Agile@EC team, with the roles Architecture Owner/ Solution Architect (at least 50% of the time) and Agile Team Member (up to 50% of the time). The actual rate of each role will
surely vary over time, depending on the lifecycle of the projects.
- Act as Architecture Owner (Agile@EC)
- Support application development projects by reviewing business requirements, designing solutions as per the EC standards and advising the developers for optimal technical solutions during the application development lifecycle of an Agile project
- Architecture and design of information systems
- Architecture of solutions using with cloud services
- Review of the architecture of existing systems
- Design and development of architecture PoC, components and reusable building blocks
- Analysis of the integration of different information systems
- Data flow and data modelling
- Coordination of the implementation of the technical architecture with the Enterprise Architect and the Team Coordinator
- Production and review of technical documents
- Development of applications (full stack) using the technologies / tools mentioned in the specific expertise.
- Participation in technical working groups, progress meetings and meetings with the users
- Assistance during relevant parts of testing, analysis, technical documentation, deployment,evaluation and reporting
Education and Technical expertise
In-depth knowledge (minimum 3 years for level 0 up to 13 years for level 5) of experience in the following domains:
- Very good knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture
- Very good knowledge of Applications Design
- Very good knowledge of Business Process Analysis
- Very good knowledge of Interoperability Technology (e.g. web services (SOAP and REST), message oriented middleware, service oriented bus)
- Good knowledge of Enterprise Architecture
- Good knowledge with Modelling Tools such as Enterprise Architect
- Good knowledge of Cloud Technologies and Micro Services is an asset
- Deep knowledge in one or more domains of the study required for the function
- Capability to write clear and structured technical documents.
- Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, very good communication skills and able to work in a team.
- Capability of working in an international/multicultural environment.
- Fluent in English. French is an asset
Application Architect, in Java and J2EE technologies, with minimum 7 years specific expertise:
- Good experience in Java, J2EE, Spring framework, Oracle, SQL, HTML, XML, XSD.
- Experience with the following tools/ frameworks: Sonar, Maven, GIT.
- Knowledge of Angular, Kendo UI and Jenkins is an asset.
- Knowledge of the CEF Building Blocks is an asset.
- Experience in PKI and SSL certificates is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of AWS Services
- Experience with Cloud Technologies and Micro Services is an asset
- Experience in conceiving and developing solutions using the ELK stack is an asset
- Knowledge of the existing building blocks and Enterprise architecture at the European Commission is an asset
- Experience with Agile methodologies is an asset.
- Good redaction skills
- Ability to give technical presentations, options and recommendations.
- Ability to apply high quality standards
- Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application architecture and design
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team. who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies