Application Architect (14869, L2)
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Application Architect, based in Brussels.
You will be responsible for:
- Develop new methodologies and produce assessments related to climate driven risks on land surface (including urban areas and forest ecosystems), in order to design management strategies to increase resilience and foster adaptation.
- Design machine learning-based solutions to problems related to the prediction of climate risks and resilience. Ingest the findings in the forthcoming EU observatory on deforestation and forest degradation.
- Utilize cloud and high-throughput computing to run algorithms, implement models and process large datasets.
- Work with a team of scientists to translate scientific advances from machine learning and remote sensing in the field of the monitoring of biotic and abiotic climate risks on forests of the monitoring of the thermal urban climate into useful products for stakeholders and end-users.
- Visualize and explain work through presentations and notebooks, present findings in an accessible way to science and product teams.
You should have:
- Specialist in the design and development of information systems for processing large datasets from remote sensing. Experience in remote sensing of the land surface (vegetation, cities) and geospatial data.
- Capability of working in an international/multicultural environment and working in a team.
- Experience in designing and developing information systems and workflows for data analysis.
- Experience working with a variety of satellite data types (thermal, optical, SAR with high spatial and temporal-resolution) and with multi-temporal gridded datasets (e.g. climate data).
- Experience with a variety of machine learning techniques, ideally including deep learning algorithms.
- Proficiency in writing quality code. Good debugging capabilities are an advantage.
- Good knowledge in production of technical documentation and presentation.
- Ability in working in a heterogeneous and structured IT infrastructure, with remote resources and using various protocols.
- Excited to tackle difficult research questions, self-starter with ability to work within a fast-paced and rapid-evolving team and project. Capability of integration in a multicultural/multilingual research working environment is expected.
- Fluency in the English language, both spoken and written, is required
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team. who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies