Administrative and Facility Management Support
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Administrative and Facility Management Support based in ESMA, Paris.
Description of the service:
The aim of this service is to provide administrative support to the facility management team of the contracting authorities, in areas such as travel arrangement, meetings and event organisation, reimbursement of staff and experts, mail management and any other administrative task.
Activities and tasks:
- To organise travel arrangements, to liaise with the contracting authority’s staff and the travel agency, to verify invoices from the travel agency and to prepare related payments;
- To provide report on travel activities.
- To organise operational support for a large number of meeting rooms by allocating technical and human resources to ensure the smooth running of the operational services;
- To assist with negotiations to book event space;
- To arrange all necessary catering services, food and beverage;
- To liaise with all the logistics arrangements for the event (to order supplies, prepare event signs, ensure the proper working of the audio-visual equipment, support preparation of nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists,seating cards, etc.);
- To assist with preparing budgets of events, to conduct research, make site visits, and find resources to help staff in making decisions about event possibilities;
- To revise room layouts for each event;
- To propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation.
- To manage expert and stakeholder’s reimbursement;
- To request purchase order and quotation from contractors. Assisting in planning and monitoring of the budget;
- To provide administrative support in all areas of the facility team of the contracting authority.
The contractor shall ensure 8 hours of services 5 days a week. Overtime is considered for time beyond 40 hours a week because the contracting authorities standard shift is of 40 hours a week.
The service description should never restrict the contracting authority from assigning additional duties related to the main tasks, when needed.
Education and qualifications:
The consultants should have the following characteristics:
- High service-oriented approach towards internal customers and peer colleagues;
- A level of post-secondary education attested by a diploma, or a level of secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education
- A good command of English and French (at least B2);
- Good communication skills and at least average computer skills, these namely in the MS Office suite, as this is essential in regard to successful execution of the daily tasks;
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post.
Knowledge and Skills
• Professional experience of at least two (2) years in administrative or operational support, preferably in the fields of business trips management
• Business casual outfit
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies