Administrative Assistant to General Manager
We have an exciting (and challenging) opening for a Administrative Assistant to General Manager in Darmstadt.
Dynamic, Energetic, Entrepreneurial, Highly Motivated, Resilient … If this describes you then we would love to hear from you :)
Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
- Serco – The employer of choice for a career within the Space Sector.
Serco are a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
- Join our community of space specialists across Europe
We are proud to support the European institutional Space landscape: Serco boasts an extensive network of Space professionals located at our offices in Darmstadt, Noordwijk, Frascati, Paris and Madrid, all within close proximity of our two largest space sector customers, European Space Agency/European Space Operations Centre (ESA/ESOC) and European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT).
- Supporting Women in Aerospace
Diversity and Inclusion is extremely important to us. Supporting women's opportunities, development and visibility in the space sector is key and that is why we are proud members and supporters of Women in Aerospace Europe, a dynamic and global network supporting women's careers in Aerospace.
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
As Administrative Assistant to General Manager you will be responsible for:
- YOU will be part of a small team which will provide high level organisational and administrative assistance. The role will also provide a key point of contact within the Business Unit for all key operational stakeholders.
- Providing Administration assistance to the General Manager Germany, Netherlands & Spain. YOU are expected to provide proactive assistance to the General Manager with good awareness, knowledge and experience of the nature and work. YOU know the business and understand how activities of the leaders fit into the business and community, is aware of all key contracts (internal & external) to business.
- Supporting the General Manager to follow up on achieving business & strategic objectives, analytical preparation of executive documents and presentations. Organizing regular meetings with internal as well as external customers, the Cluster leadership team.
- Solid agenda management exercising sound judgement around prioritization in alignment with GM objectives.
- Providing Administration assistance to the German, Netherlands & Spain Leadership team through performing travel booking and minuting, supporting with business expense reporting.
- Support the General Manager with external as well as internal communication support.
- Be the key point of contact for the German, Netherlands & Spain Operations, responding to requests, scheduling of contract and country visits and board meetings, and the facilitation of requests for information and assistance.
- Ensuring all corporate systems are kept up to date.
- Assist with the regular reporting requirements, through consolidation and formatting of reports to the right level of profile, escalation and sharing of activities to meet the divisional requirements.
- Project management of specific tasks and initiatives including follow up of existing German, Netherlands & Spain actions.
- Provide holiday/sickness cover and assistance to team members to cover part time working, projects and high workload.
- Flexible to travel together with the General Manager to various locations in Europe & UK.
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- Previous experience in a similar role, working for senior Directors who have a large operational remit.
- Ability to demonstrate discretion and diplomacy.
- Experience of working on a contract with good knowledge of the contract environment & operational drivers.
- Good awareness & knowledge of German Business Customer base.
- Working as part of a team.
- Essential: General university entrance qualification.
- Desirable: Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Essential technical and professional skills and knowledge.
- Proficient in MS Office, Excel, Visio and strong MS Power point skills.
- Strong IT skills and able to take on role of superuser for the internal systems including Expenses, Risk Register, Assure etc.
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills to achieve timely results within a pressurised environment.
- Ability to handle all confidential issues professionally always.
- Strong relationship management within the team and across divisional boundaries and able to demonstrate a clear knowledge on the purpose and vision of the German Business operational priorities.
- Evidence of experience in working in a changing environment.
Essential qualifications cont’d:
- ‘Can Do’ attitude, willing & able to provide practical assistance or project support to the capabilities as required.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Fluency in English and German language.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
• Company events
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies