Administrative Assistant (ESA-ESTEC)
We have an exciting (and challenging) opening for an Administrative Assistant in Noordwijk.
Dynamic, Energetic, Entrepreneurial, Highly Motivated, Resilient … If this describes you then we would love to hear from you :)
Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
- Serco – The employer of choice for a career within the Space Sector.
Serco are a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
- Join our community of space specialists across Europe
We are proud to support the European institutional Space landscape: Serco boasts an extensive network of Space professionals located at our offices in Darmstadt, Noordwijk, Frascati, Paris and Madrid, all within close proximity of our two largest space sector customers, European Space Agency/European Space Operations Centre (ESA/ESOC) and European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT).
- Supporting Women in Aerospace
Diversity and Inclusion is extremely important to us. Supporting women's opportunities, development and visibility in the space sector is key and that is why we are proud members and supporters of Women in Aerospace Europe, a dynamic and global network supporting women's careers in Aerospace.
Women in Aerospace Europe (WIA-E) – Supporting women in STEM (wia-europe.org)
As Administrative Assistant you will concentrate your activities on the following:
The work package covers provision of secretarial and administrative support to ESA organizational entities (Divisions, Services, Offices) and Projects (called Unit herein). It includes the following tasks:
- Day-to-day support to Unit personnel regarding business travel arrangements, leave management, coordination of training.
- Dealing with incoming telephone calls and information requests.
- Analyzing incoming correspondence and documentation and managing distribution of outgoing correspondence and documentation.
- Provision of various logistic support to the Unit.
- Arrivals (office, phone, computer, security, access to databases, information systems) and departures (deregistration, etc.) of Unit personnel.Ordering of office supplies and maintenance of stationary.
- Room and resources bookings for meetings and/or events falling under the responsibility of the Unit.
- Administration and handling of shipment of goods and express mail.
- Tasks related to documentation management, distribution/registration of mail and documents.
- Organization of agenda and of meetings.
- Maintaining documents libraries for the Unit, including maintenance of change log, distribution lists, issue information notes to concerned users.
- Maintaining and following up actions lists for the Unit and taken minutes of coordination meetings for the Unit.
- Participation to organization of events (e.g. workshops, conferences) as required.
- Support to the Project Review Process.
- Support to visitor service: including access control, preparing visa applications, distribution of information material.
- ESA site administration: including periodical update (e.g. daily) of site schedule, updating and distribution of the site telephone list.
- Participation to the preparation and the publication of internal and external documents, including editing and proofreading.
- Data collection, extraction from various Corporate applications (e.g. SAP, PRISMA) and from various internal sources and data consistency checking and coherence analysis.
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- Vocational Degree or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Familiarity with ESA working environment in a similar position is a distinct advantage.
- Comfortable with working in a diverse and multi-national team environment.
- Highly proficient with modern electronics office automation tools in particular Microsoft Office suite and electronic mailing (preferably Lotus Notes).
- Proficient in the English language, both spoken and written.
- Knowledge of another EU member state languages will be considered as an asset.
- The candidates must be eligible to work in EU.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
• Company events
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies