Account and Sales Representative
At Serco, we strive to promote and enable the diversity, development, wellbeing and safety of our people. We understand that healthier, happier employees go hand-in-hand with strong business performance, enhanced productivity and better outcomes for those we serve. We want everybody who works for Serco to have a positive experience and access to opportunities to develop in their chosen careers.
Serco Italia S.p.A. is one of the top 50 World Space Manufacturing and Service companies with a long history of providing Earth Observation operations, maintenance and front-end services to the European Space Agency. The company also offers vast experience to a huge number of IT and space markets including: central governments, defence organisations, the aerospace industry and commercial companies.
Does working in a Serco environment sound appealing to you?
We would love to hear from you and your interest in the new opportunity of Account and Sales Representative in Frascati !
Does this vacancy not suit your profile? Not to worry, you can send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org – a member of our Recruitment Team will come back to you shortly after.
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
As Account and Sales Representative you will be responsible for:
Identifying business opportunities at Country level
- Prospect for new clients by networking, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients
- Align with the European Business Development structured process to continuously scan business opportunities in terms of public Tenders
- Engage in a virtuous feedback loop with the rest of the organization to keep organizational capabilities and products in close alignment with customer/market demands
- Identify opportunities for new initiatives, products and services that will lead to an increase in sales
- Develop and implement Account Management Plan with agreed strategies and actions to close sales funnel opportunities.
- Work closely with the Italian sales team to maximize the profitable growth of the Country. »
- Manage the pipeline in his/her segment
- Support the proposal preparation as appropriate
- Support the marketing material generation
- Support the new opportunities governance process
Building key customer
- Support the Country Head of Sales to develop strategies to ensure existing customer retention
- Support the Country Head of Sales in the definition of growth strategies and plans « Support the Country strategy for the key rebids
- Manage appropriately the key stakeholders
Maintaining extensive knowledge of current market conditions
- Generate and maintain information regarding market players, competitors and possible partners (size, products, objectives, main business deals,...)
- Attend events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market, industry players and trends
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
Actively support the executive management in the pursuit, negotiation, and closing of business deals
- Facilitate the planning of persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the company
- Participate in pricing the solution/service to ensure that Company’s proposals are in line with customer's expectations and underlying business plans
- Direct involvement in opportunity ownership of the deals untill final bid awarding
- Define and work with partners to identify appropriate alliances or temporary grouping for answering key Tenders
- Assess risks and potentials and develop mitigation plan and/or exploitation actions
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Italy and around the world.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES (minimum requirements)
- University degree in Engineering or a technical field that provides similar competences.
- Ability to define business plans and conduct market analyses
- Excellent scientific and technical writing skills
- Fluency in English
- Teamwork capabilities.
- Ability to work autonomously
- Capacity to meet deadlines and milestones.
- Proven track record of consistent successful achievements of sales targets and business objectives
- Excellent knowledge of the Italian market and in particular on how to operate in selling services to Italy Publid Administration (Local and Central Government, Agencies), including solid experience of winning deals within "Codice degli Appalti” regulations
Proactive team player with strong relationship building qualities
- Leading personality with ability to communicate effectively and drive results
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Negotiation ability and commercial acumen
- Ability to formulate sound commercial strategies based on understanding of market dynamics
- Excellent communication skills at executive management and governmental level
- Ability to handle pressure and meet challenging deadlines
Qualifications & Experience
- At least 7 years of successful (track record) sales of Outsourcing Services to Public Organizations and/or Agencies
- Good knowledge of IT as an enabler to develop and sell new services
- Project Management experience (minimum 3 years)
- Proven experience in business development in international context
- Proven experience in customer/country account management
- Experience in the following areas is considered an asset: knowledge of major Italian IT ecosystem (key players, partners, distributors), security services, virtualization, cloud, artificial intelligence.
- Fluency in English and Italian is a must; other languages being an asset
- Ability to work and interface with a multinational team
- Methodical and structured work-approach
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE (minimum requirements)
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 (including office, word, excel, powerpoint, teams, visio, Dynamics)
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request. You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Joining Serco Italy’s amazing team offers:
- Competitive Salary
- Great career opportunities in the Space industry
- Competitive Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
- Company events
- International environment
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies