Are you fascinated about Space? Do you have a working experience in the development and procurement of sensors and actuators.? You could be our new AOCS Engineer. Come and join talented diverse Serco team at the European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC) based in Noordwijk, the Netherlands.
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
As part of the AOCS & GNC Sensors Unit at ESA/ESTEC, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Support to the ESTEC AOCS/GNC Sensors Unit for the development and
procurement of sensors and actuators
- The Sensors Unit is in charge of gyroscopes, accelerometers, star
trackers, APS detectors for star trackers, sun sensors, magnetic sensors
and actuators, and bespoke GNC sensors such as navigation cameras,
3D cameras or Lidars for GNC.
- The post holder will have access to the Sensors Lab, where technologies
can be independently characterised.
- The post holder shall provide regular Technical Reporting of the
Hardware Development as well as contribute in the preparation and
execution of project and technology studies reviews.
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- Master Engineering Degree in Control, Electronics or Mechatronics
- Proven experience in the design, tuning, analysis and simulation of AOCS systems in different project phases.
- HW knowledge (sensors, computer, actuators).
- AOCS AIT at subsystem and system level.
- Proven knowledge of commercial model-based design tools (MATLAB).
- Ability to interface with industry.
- Familiar with general development process for hardware space equipment (key reviews, model philosophy).
- Background in optical sensors for AOCS/GNC, for instance Star Trackers.
- Knowledge in Software development and / or optics would be an asset.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
• Company events
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers.
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Take pride in what you do!
Serco European Agencies