AIV System Engineer
At Serco, we strive to promote and enable the diversity, development, wellbeing and safety of our people. We understand that healthier, happier employees go hand-in-hand with strong business performance, enhanced productivity and better outcomes for those we serve. We want everybody who works for Serco to have a positive experience and access to opportunities to develop in their chosen careers.
Serco Italia S.p.A. is one of the top 50 World Space Manufacturing and Service companies with a long history of providing Earth Observation operations, maintenance and front-end services to the European Space Agency. The company also offers vast experience to a huge number of IT and space markets including : central governments, defence organisations, the aerospace industry and commercial companies.
Does working in a Serco environment sound appealing to you?
We would love to hear from you and your interest in the new opportunity of AIV System Engineer in Frascati!
Does this vacancy not suit your profile? Not to worry, you can send your updated CV to email@example.com – a member of our Recruitment Team will come back to you shortly after.
As AIV System Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Plan and schedule the integration, testing and validation phases
- Define the procedures to integrate ad install the different subsystems at customer site
- Define the requirements to be verified with the selected methods in the applicable stages at the defined levels
- Prepare AIV documents such as plans, test specifications and technical notes
- Contribute to security test specification
- Define the objectives and justify the scope of the tests Indicate the test facilities to be used
- Define resources and organization to co-ordinate and manage all technical activities necessary to assembly,verify,operate and maintain in the system in conformance with the customer's requirements
- Demonstrate that design and performances meet the specified requirements at the specified levels of confidence
- Identify critical development problems and assist in their resolution Define verification planning
- Define levels and pass criteria for the above tests
- Evaluate and assess test results
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Italy and around the world.
- At least five years of working experience in a relevant field
- Knowledge of System Engineering and system-level knowledge of all Ground Segment subsystems
- Proficient in working in a Linux environment and hardware virtualized environment
- Experience in ECSS AIV process
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skill
- Proactive attitude and ability to work in a team
- University degree preferably in the fields of Aerospace/Space Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering or Computer Science and Engineering
- Full prolessional proficiency in the English language is mandatory
- High motivation, proactive working approach and strong sense of responsibility.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Joining Serco Italy’s amazing team offers:
- Competitive Salary
- Great career opportunities in the Space industry
- Competitive Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
- Company events
- International environment
Serco European Agencies