Tomcat, MS IIS and MS SQL Expert - PRO2369
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
Tasks (work description):
- Provide 3rd level support for operational MS IIS, Tomcat application and MS SQL servers. Identify any need for preventive or remedial maintenance throughout the use of diagnostic tools;
- Investigate, diagnose and resolve system problems using available tools and referring to external suppliers if required;
- Participate in the definition of concepts and design of the customer MS IIS, Tomcat application and MS SQL infrastructure including high availability and contingency solutions;
- Development of the customer MS IIS, Tomcat application and MS SQL infrastructure harvesting best practise and tailoring to the customer specific requirements. Documenting installation and operational
- procedures for deployment by Data Centre Operations;
- Contribute to the development of IT solutions in production by advising IT projects on customer best practise for MS IIS, Tomcat application and MS SQL infrastructures;
- Contribute to the development of IT solutions in production by advising on the impact of planned changes, assisting Data Centre Operations in roll-out and post implementation;
- Plan, prepare and document maintenance activities such as software upgrades and patching;
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date technical documentation related to the customer MS IIS, Tomcat application and MS SQL infrastructure. Transfer knowledge to colleagues and ensure adequate documentation is available.
Additional desirable technical competencies:
- Expert knowledge in Microsoft Active Directory Infrastructures;
- Experience with Microsoft development products in general like Visual Studio, ASP.NET, Powershell, DotNET, VBScript, VBA.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should have at least 5 years of relevant experience.
Position-specific expectations (all mandatory)
- Master’s degree in information technology, computer science, information system security, or related disciplines;
- Engineering and design experience;
- On-call duties possible.
Generic technical competencies (all mandatory)
- Expertise in engineering, design, support, administration and maintenance of mission critical production Windows server systems including Windows 2012 R2 server. Substantial experience with system standardisation and deployment automation with Microsoft products (msi packaging and Install Shield, SCCM task sequences, Powershell scripting, Active Directory Group Policy);
- Experience with engineering, design, support, administration and maintenance of production MS IIS servers including IIS 8.5. Expert knowledge on MS IIS and ASP.NET application troubleshooting, performance analysis and integration with central authentication systems;
- Experience with engineering, design, support, administration and maintenance of production Tomcat application servers including Tomcat 8. Expert knowledge on Tomcat application troubleshooting, performance analysis and integration with central authentication systems;
- Experience with engineering, design, support, administration and maintenance of production MS SQL servers including MS SQL 2012 server;
- A good command of English with proven drafting ability.
- Is a strong communicator, both orally and written, good at developing and visualising concepts, using simple/clear words and images to communicate ideas tailored to the audience;
- Shows initiative and is able to drive assigned tasks to completion in an independent manner, while at the same time aware when to seek guidance or when it is advised to involve management;
- Is excited about information technology in general and proactively expands her/his skillset and keeps her/his knowledge up to date;
- Stays calm under pressure;
- Is a team player, ready to step in when needed, tactful when dealing with colleagues and shows commitment to the achievement of team and organisational goals;
- Strives to provide a good service to the customer and is ready to go the extra mile while at the same time managing expectations in view of organisational resources and strategic directives.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application
Relocation assistance provided, (if applicable).
About the Company
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 60,000 employees worldwide.
Serco European Agencies