System Administrator (Microsoft Windows)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK. Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For our dynamic team in Brussels we are looking for a System Administrator to join Serco on a high level mission in Brussels. The ideal candidate should have minimum 12 years of relevant studies and experience after the secondary school.
- Installation and configuration of system components and server software;
- Operating and monitoring of infrastructure, systems, servers, databases;
- Perform configuration management tasks & procedures;
- Incident handling, problem handling: analysis and resolution, problem definition, analysis and resolution: preliminary diagnosis of software and hardware problems, co-ordination with the central IT departments;
- Advise in areas such as capacity management, contingency planning, IT service continuity management, automation of repetitive tasks, security;
- Scripting & configurations in the context of systems & infrastructure;
- Handling of backups and restore operations of systems & data;
- Participate in defining and documenting configuration of systems & infrastructure;
- Participate in defining and documenting operational procedures;
- Participate in architectural design/reviews;
- Evaluation and/or implementation of security standards;
- Security administration and monitoring, in adherence to the security rules imposed by the Commission’s central security service (complemented by local rules where needed);
- Participate in the creation of technical documentation (including user requirements) following the standards and methodologies established by the Contracting Authority.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and skills:
- Very good knowledge of English (both written and oral);
- Minimum 8 years of experience of the Windows server operating system (2008, 2012 and latest versions).
- Minimum 4 years of experience with Microsoft SQL (2014) and/or Oracle 11/12 Database Management Systems;
- Experience with VMware (including SRM) virtualisation technologies (6 or newer version);
- Good knowledge of Networker (8.0 or newer version) backup technologies;
- Experience of system administration of Microsoft SharePoint 2010/2013 will be considered as an asset;
- Good knowledge of the Linux operating system will be considered as an asset.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application.
Relocation assistance provided (if applicable).
This position can be offered as a Freelance or as a Permanent Contract.
About the Company
Serco Services Belgium, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider. In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services in the IT department with over 220 staff members.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
Serco European Agencies