Senior Local System Administrator
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For our customer, a prestigious European Institution in Brussels, we are looking for a Senior Local System Administrator.
- Providing first, second and third-line support: remote and on-site support;
- Incident analysis, first and second-line customer liaison via telephone, email, users office and meeting rooms;
- Performing 3rd level support, server-, system- and database administration, including other departments and external suppliers;
- Recording and tracking incident and problem information ;
- Resolving issues and requests;
- Participating in reconfiguration/installation of PC / iMAC environments, laptops, hybrids, server, network and personal printers; Windows 10 migration;
- Documenting operational support procedures;
- Drafting technical content for knowledge database;
- Testing and administration of applications;
- Reporting major problem directly to the team leader;
- Participate in meetings with the users and suppliers;
- Occasional work outside the normal working hours, including the weekends, is possible.
The Ideal Candidate
- The candidate should have at least 5 years of relevant experience in an IT support desk;
- Proven knowledge and experience with the Windows platform (Windows 7 and Windows 10) and related technologies;
- Experience with the OSX platform is a plus;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office 2013 and 2016;
- Previous experience with service management tools / ticketing systems;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Experience with ITIL methodology; ITIL Certification is strongly desirable.
Language and communication skills:
- Fluent in English and French (at least level B2);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Client oriented behaviour;
- Good team player.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law. Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process. Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization. For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request. You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application.
This position can be offered as an Employee or Freelance position.
Estimated start date: 15/11/2017
Estimated end date: 15/11/2018
About the Company
Serco Services Belgium, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider. In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services in the IT department with over 220 staff members.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you