SW Quality Assurance Engineer
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
The candidate will be a part of the MTG QA Team which provides support to the MTG Programme. Her/his tasks will be allocated in support of the MTG Ground Segment activities, including Ground Segment and System IVV, monitoring of IVV QA related activities and witnessing tests of facilities, in accordance with the plan and priorities assigned by the GEO QA Manager and the MTG GS QA Engineer.
The main tasks will include the following:
- Implement EUMETSAT QA policies in the assigned area(s), keep in accordance with the MTG System QA plan and all relevant applicable Standards, Technical and QA documents, Procedures and Working Practices (WP’s) that are applicable to the ongoing projects phase(s);
- Ensure that MTG processes involved with the assigned tasks are implemented in accordance with their relevant QA working practices and procedures;
- Support maintenance of GEO WP’s and procedures;
- Suggest and support implementation of as agreed improvements to the available QA documentation, aiming at process efficiency and synergy;
- Support the establishment of metrics to measure the effectiveness of the main processes within the assigned areas. Provide pro-active suggestions for process improvement, based on these metrics and other observations;
- Work with and in support of the MTG Team(s), in order to ensure that Quality Assurance policies and methods are taken into account during all phases;
- Contribute to the production of the documents relevant to the performed tasks;
- Critically review technical and management documents issued in support to the MTG Ground Segment and System IVV activities;
- Support, acting when required as Review secretary, the Programme Reviews and Check Points planned for the MTG programme, ensuring that the relevant Organisation Note arrangements are correctly implemented, and that the Review support tool to be used for the Reviews is available;
- Support the MTG GS Facilities procurement activities and the connected processes ensuring that the QA requirements related to IVV are implemented correctly;
- Monitor implementation of the agreed QA Plans and procedures within the Industry and others Organisations (ESA) activities, including their Sub-tiers;
- Provide specific QA support to the MTG IVV (Integration, Verification, Validation) activities focussed on MTG GS, including witnessing of tests, review of verification records, support TRR/TRB, ARB and other relevant IVV related processes according to the applicable working practices;
- Co-ordinate the anomaly and non-conformances reviews process in the assigned areas;
- If so required and agreed support the preparation and conduct of QA audits on Industry and within EUMETSAT in the areas connected with MTG GS activities, in line with the MTG GS Contractors/ Suppliers Quality Assurance Audit Plan;
- Provide regular reporting to the MTG QA Management and to the MTG Management;
- Attend and support the weekly GEO QA Team co-ordination meetings.
The Ideal Candidate
The candidate is required to have the skills, capability and experience level adequate to ensure the fulfilment of the tasks indicated above with a high degree of autonomy. A University degree in Engineering, Physics, Computer Sciences or a related discipline is required.
The candidate shall have at least 5 years of specific work experience in the Product/Quality Assurance area in Aerospace/Space Programmes, and have good interpersonal and mediation skills. Specific experience on PA/QA processes on satellite Ground Segments, satellite Mission Control and Operations, and on Satellite data processing will be considered an advantage.
Candidates having matured significant work experience in other fields, on complex products with elevated technical contents will also be considered.
For the fulfilment of the tasks listed above, candidates shall be in possession of the following mandatory skills:
- Significant hands-on experience in PA/QA processes definition, implementation and effectiveness monitoring;
- Knowledge and application of aerospace/space PA/QA and ISO 9001 standards;
- Multi-year experience in the implementation of QA policies and methods in procurement contracts for complex products such as ground segment systems;
- Experience in providing QA support to complex SW products throughout their complete development lifecycle, following Software QA standards;
- Experience on Hardware (HW) / Software (SW) products integration and verification;
- Capability of understanding technicalities and design methods in the area of satellite ground segment , operations, mission control and data processing;
- Significant hands-on experience in using Microsoft Office Suite and in particular with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access;
- Capability of producing and releasing in autonomy minutes of meetings and QA reports;
- Experience in application of risk management and lessons learned processes;
- Good interpersonal and mediation skills.
The following skills are considered an advantage:
- Experience in conducting internal/external QA audits;
- Experience of working in international programmes;
- Knowledge of requirement management tools, e.g. DOORS.
The official working languages at EUMETSAT are English and French. The offered position requires a very good knowledge of the English language (spoken and written).
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application.
Relocation assistance provided (if applicable).
About the Company
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 60,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
Serco European Agencies