RT-C/TEC-T/00405 Technical Content Writer
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For our activities in ESTEC, we are currently looking for a Technology Content Communication Officer.
The candidate will be responsible for communicating the progress on the implementation of the Programmes and activities under the remit of the Technology Programme Office. In this context, the candidate will write, synthesise and edit articles and presentations with technical content. The post includes the following typical duties:
- Writing, collecting, synthesising, editing and formatting technical articles and content for various media (Shaping the Future website, Brochures, Official reports and presentations);
- Supporting the day-to-day implementation, improvement and management of the Shaping the Future website;
- Ensuring publication of up-to date information and documents on the External Sharepoint for Delegations;
- Regularly interacting with technical officers and Programme management to ensure correctness /consistency of information;
- Regularly reviewing of the status of documents in the different archives and where appropriate registering this information in the Document Management System (DMS);
- Ensuring Process configuration controlled document changes and of papers relevant to the activities of the unit.
The Ideal Candidate
- The candidate should have a Technical degree (BSc, Diploma or equivalent)from a recognised Institution or equivalent and have a minimum 4 years of relevant professional experience;
- Senior level of technical and scientific writing skills and very good command of the English language – orally and in particular in written;
- Excellent analytical, organisational and reporting skills, a proactive attitude to solving problems and a solid proficiency in IT tools;
- Ability to manage a large number of documents and to synthesize information;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and customer focus;
- Ability to work autonomously, effectively and cooperatively in a diverse and international team environment;
- Previous experience in synthesising and editing articles with technical content would be also an asset;
- Previous experience on supporting the management of Technology Programmes as well as on Agency's practices and processes would be a distinct advantage.
Please note that the closing date for applications is on 29/11/2017.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application.
About the Company
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 60,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you