RT-C/TEC-EDP/00389 On-Board Payload Data Processing Engineer
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For our activities in ESTEC, we are currently looking for an On-Board Payload Data Processing Engineer, to work under the domain of TEC-EDP – Electromagnetics Components Data & Power Systems Engineering.
A diverse range of support tasks is required to be carried out by the Key person within the above domains, encompassing hardware, software and system aspects. These can be grouped within the following main headings:
- Validation of signal and image processing algorithms via simulation techniques (e.g. Matlab, prototyping SW);
- Definition, design and validation of payload data acquisition, processing and storage chains;
- Implementation of payload data processing functions on processors (e.g. Digital Signal Processors) and FPGAs based platforms;
- Specific engineering support in the above domains to mainstream ESA space projects, mainly for (but not restricted to) the development and testing phases.
The Ideal Candidate
Apart from a Master Degree and at least 4 years of experience gained in a relevant field, the key person should bring the following:
- Experience in defining payload data processing systems architectures;
- Extensive knowledge in signal and image processing techniques and devices;
- Extensive experience in procurement of units, sub-systems integration and testing;
- Knowledge in on-board electronics design related to data acquisition, processing and storage functions;
- Wide knowledge in communication networks principles, standards and their implementation. This includes high-speed networks such as SpaceWire and SpaceFibre;
- Ability to work in an autonomous manner, in particular when providing support to projects with high time allocations and this in coordination with the line manager;
- Fluency in English.
Please note that the closing date for the applciations is on 04/09/2017.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application.
Relocation assistance provided (if applicable).
About the Company
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 60,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you