RT-C/SCI-MT/00145 Configuration Management Officer
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For our activities in ESTEC, we are currently looking for a Configuration Management Officer.
• Define reference processes and procedures in D/SCI according to
ECSS standards and QMS requirements
• Provide ad-hoc support to D/SCI projects in the definition and set-up of
their Configuration and Document Management (CADM) Plan and
• Interface with project controllers, project scientists for their specific
configuration requirements needs
o Ensure consistent flowdown of ESA and D/SCI requirements and
procedures to the Projects and activities within the Directorate
o Create templates to support standardisation across D/SCI
• Create procedures and work instructions related to Configuration
Management and Document Management within the Science Directorate
• Organise and deliver trainings and awareness session on Document
Management best practises across the Directorate
• Maintain a reference Document Management Sharepoint library to
centralise related information
• Interfacing Industries and Institutions working with D/SCI
projects/activities to ensure the alignment of processes, procedures and
• Coordinating with the ESA Record Manager for proper handling of the
vital records, defining a clear management and hand-over procedure
from SCI to ESA Record Manager
• Support the implementation of an archive system and policy in
alignment with ESA-wide requirements and with Projects’ needs
• Support the maintenance of the D/SCI Records Schedule and of its
• Document best practises with the commonly used DMS in D/SCI (e.g.
ECLIPSE, Content Manager) and design standard approach to be
implemented in new projects
• Provide consultancy to D/SCI users on the possible Document
Management tools and advice on the most suitable solutions for their
The Ideal Candidate
- Master degree from a recognised institute of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Engineering, Business Administration or relevant discipline
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in similar tasks to the above-mentioned
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks
- Initiative and motivation to perform to high standards in a demanding environment
- Excellent command of the English language, both oral and written
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application.
Relocation assistance provided (if applicable).
About the Company
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.