Network Security Administrator
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
The candidate will support both daily operations for relevant services and contribute to the execution of new projects related to network Security. He/she should have prior experience in the following areas;
- Switching Technologies (Particularly for Cisco), layer 2 network design. CCNA level certification from Cisco or any other networking vendor demonstrating knowledge on the switching area of networking;
- Routing Technologies. Dynamic routing protocols, layer 3 network design;
- Firewalling Technologies (Particularly for Cisco systems);
- Reverse proxy Technologies (Particularly for F5 systems);
- Network protocol services (NTP, DNS, DHCP, SNMP…);
- Network Security techniques and technologies;
- IDS/IPS Network intrusion detection technologies;
- VPN standards and technologies;
- Network logging systems (Syslog and SIEM log correlation applications);
- System administration of Linux servers (RedHat Enterprise Linux, CentOS and others);
- Wi-Fi Technologies (Particularly for Cisco products);
- UTM (Unified Thread Management equipment, in particular for Sophos;
- Network Access Control systems (NAC);
- Operating and monitoring of infrastructure, systems, and servers;
- Dual Factor authentication systems (token and radius servers);
- SSL VPN Technologies (Particularly for Juniper systems);
- Network Quality of Service techniques and technologies.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should have relevant educational background and prior experience along with the following:
- Good communications skills in English and good knowledge of Italian;
- Service and Project oriented;
- Willing to work in a busy team where learning new skills is essential;
- Professional attitude and service-oriented attitude;
- Availability to work outside working hours and to be part of an on-call schema;
- Capacity to share the knowledge with the other members of the team;
- Ability to work both in service mode for delivery of daily operations and in project mode for the introduction of new service elements.
Please note the closing date for applications is on 05/05/2017.
Preference will be given to employees within "Categoria Protetta (Law 68/99)" or registered in “lista di mobilità”.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application.
About the Company
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 60,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you