Junior IT Support Specialist
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
For our customer, a European Institution in Luxembourg, we are looking for a Junior IT Support Specialist.
- Providing 1st level IT support by phone and onsite;
- Following tickets and requests;
- OS and software deployment using automated tools;
- Hardware installations;
- Hardware and software inventory management;
- User coaching;
- Technical documentation drafting.
The Ideal Candidate
Skills and experience:
- At least 1 year of experience in a similar role (IT Helpdesk/ Technical Support/ IT Support Agent / IT Service Desk);
- Fluent in English and French (at least level B2);
- Good knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows 10 interfaces;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office 2013 and 2016;
- Previous experience with service management tools / ticketing systems;
- Familiarity with ITIL methodology; ITIL Certification is strongly desirable;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Client oriented behaviour;
- Team spirit.
Full details on application
Contract: Fixed-term (8 months) or Freelance
Start date: 15.11.2017
End date: 15.09.2018 (possibility of extension)
About the Company
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.