Junior IT Service Desk Operator - French & English
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 100,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
For our customer, a European Institution in Luxembourg City, we are looking for a Junior IT Service Desk Operator - French & English
As a Service Desk Agent you will provide 1st and 2nd line IT-support to users based at our customer site. You will be the first point of contact for customers and will handle issues and/or requests, as well as liaise with customers on progress.
- Transfer incoming and outgoing calls from international callers.
- Provide contact information about internal or external departments and correspondents.
- Make an initial assessment of incidents, and attempting to resolve them according to the Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Record incidents in the Service Management Tool.
- Monitor progress of incident resolution and keep customers informed on incident status and progress.
- Manage the incident life-cycle, including closure and verification.
- Close incidents and confirm with the customers.
The Ideal Candidate
- At least 1 year of experience in a similar role is essential (e.g. IT Helpdesk/ Technical Support/ IT Support Agent / Service Desk).
- You possess analytical and problem solving skills along with a strong focus on customer satisfaction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French as well as English are required.
- You have a university or college degree in a computer science and/or technology program (or equivalent work experience).
- Sound knowledge of different versions of Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Very good knowledge of all the MS office applications (Outlook, Office, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Previous experience with ticketing systems is essential.
- Familiarity with ITIL methodology; ITIL Certification is a strong plus.
- Experience with MS Windows Server / Active Directory is desirable.
Working languages: French and English
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law. Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process. Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization. For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request. You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application
Relocation assistance provided, (if applicable).
About the Company
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.