Junior IT Service Desk Operator - French & English
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 100,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
To reinforce our team at one of our prestigious customer we are currently looking for an IT Support Specialist.
Nature of tasks:
- Service desk agent, incident agent and analyst, problem agent and analyst
- Incident analysis, first and second-line customer liaison with the purpose of maximising the first call resolution rate
- First and second-line support: remote and on-site support
- Recording & tracking incident information
- Recording & tracking Problem information
- Participating in reconfiguration/installation of PC environment
- Documenting operational support procedures
- Drafting technical content for knowledge database
- IT support specialist must be able to perform all tasks of a service desk operator
- Testing and administration of applications
- Liaising with system administration and database administration for execution of administration tasks
The Ideal Candidate
- Very good skills in all of the MS Office applications
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certified would be an asset
- Fluent in both English/French both written and oral
- Very good communication skills/customer oriented
- Good knowledge of Windows Server (2008/ XP/2012) and Active Directory
- Experience with ticketing system
- 1 to 3 years of relevant IT professional experience
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Permanent/ Freelance contract available.
Full details on application.
Relocation assistance provided (if applicable).
About the Company
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 100,000 employees worldwide.