IT Support Specialist – PRO003347 (R)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
Main tasks and specific technical competencies
The following two technical competencies are considered to be an asset:
- Proven working experience with supporting remote access and teleworking solutions based on Citrix and VPN solution including strong authentication mechanisms such as one-time tokens.
- Proven working experience with the configuration and troubleshooting of encryption tools e.g. PGP, S/MIME, Bitlocker, smartcards, including the use of certificates.
Tasks and competencies:
- Install personal computer hardware, performs preventive maintenance, and assists end-users with problems. Has the ability to:
- set up/replace/troubleshoot personal computers (PCs) and printers following manufacturer’s or other written or verbal instructions
- Install/replace/troubleshoot peripherals such as smartcard readers, webcams, network cards, hard drives, memory.
- Install software on personal computers and assists end-users with problems.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should have at least 1+ years of relevant experience.
Position-specific expectations (all mandatory)
- Work in a shift system possible
- On-call duties possible
Generic technical competencies (all mandatory)
- Proven working experience with supporting the Windows family desktop OS environment and peripheral equipment in a secure working environment, in particular with Windows 7 in the areas of:
- Installation and configuration incl. disk encryption;
- Troubleshooting and (data) recovery;
- Network connectivity;
- Proven working experience with providing end-user support, in particular by means of remote access and visiting end-users.
- Proven working experience providing troubleshooting and functional support to end-users for he products from the Microsoft Office suite such as Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Proven working experience in an ITIL environment implementing processes for:
- Incident Management;
- Service Request Fulfilment;
- A good command of English with proven drafting ability.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with staff and management at all levels, both inside and outside the organisation.
- Engages others both directly and indirectly in order to communicate ideas and implement the most suitable approach, by using simple/clear words and/or images to communicate.
- Pursues projects with energy and drive from the conceptual stage to their practical implementation, generating agreed results within agreed time frames.
- Analyses both successes and failures in search of possible areas for improvement.
- Manages multiple assignments and tracks progress on numerous processes simultaneously, being able to establish the duration and difficulty of tasks to ensure that business needs are met.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application
Relocation assistance provided, (if applicable).
About the Company
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 60,000 employees worldwide.