Field Support Technician - Temporary
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For our activities in ESTEC, we are currently looking for a Field Support Technicians to provide support to a permanent user community of around 2500 users. The support to be provided will be varied and will include:
- Dell/HP and Windows operating systems
- Apple MacBook Pro and OS X
- IBM Notes
- Microsoft Office
- Mobile and smart phones
- Network and local printer support
- Local Service Desk support
- Third party liaison
- 1st line networking
- Imaging computers with SCCM
- Wiping computer hard drives and preparing them for disposal.
The candidate will cover the following tasks:
- Inventory and asset management;
- Manning a Local Service Desk on a rotational basis, with first line call resolution;
- Evaluating tickets coming from the CSD and allocating them to the correct teams, both on and off site;
- Second level calls resolution in the field;
- Explaining to users the available services and how these should be requested;
- Evaluating user requests and problems, raising tickets for each one;
- Solving as many tickets as possible;
- Liaising with the Central Service Desk in Rome;
- Planning PC and other equipment installation, including planned refreshes;
Assuming ownership of all tickets, continually monitoring these tickets and following them up as required to ensure SLAs are being met
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will have had 2 years in a similar environment and have had experience with:
- Asset management tools
- Incident logging database (BMC Remedy ideally)
- MS Windows 7/10
- Office 2016
- Apple OS X 10
- Network Printer/MFP
- IBM Notes
- MS Office products and their usage;
- Mobile phones (Android and iOS)
- Excellent communication skill and fluent English (spoken and written English)
- Video conference and Telephony desirable but not mandatory
- Dutch is desirable but not mandatory
In addition, candidates should be motivated, team players, process oriented, have good customer interfacing skills, ability to identify priority situations and deal with them accordingly and process oriented person.
Other soft skills are: willingness to learn new things; organisational skills; stress resistance; flexibility (helpdesk on a rotational basis : 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.)
The job is offered with a fixed term contract (3 months) with possibility of extension (other fixed-term contract).
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application.
Fixed term contract (3 months) with possibility of extension (other fixed-term contract).
Start date: ASAP
About the Company
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you