Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
The Database Developer is used to designing and implementing data systems in a dynamic environment.
The role encumbers the following main areas.
- SQL Programming
- Data presentation and interaction
- Data Warehouse Architect/Developer
- Database modelling and optimisation
Data Modelling and optimisation
- Evaluating and improving the operational database system to cope with ongoing requirements
- Amending operational data models for improved performance/functionality
- Define interfaces to collect data from related systems to allow federation of information
- Define and undertake Data ETL activities
- Document all existing systems and models
Data Presentation and Interaction
- Design of reporting platform based on Business Intelligence technologies and tools
- Implementation of new requirements
- Integration of new data sources
- Design of new queries
- Interaction and training of customer
Data Content Management
To ensure that systems and processes are in line with asset management and traceability requirements
- Collecting, recording, organising, maintaining operational information relevant to the asset with all relevant documentation
- Managing access and updating of Data Information System and CCM DB
- Ensuring the accuracy of the data
- Ensuring the relevant data is collected and available for the Business Intelligence requirements
Data Warehouse Architect/Developer
Manage the Enterprise data mart design and data warehouse architecture implementing standards e processes
- Bring innovative solutions accordingly with requirements and performance improvements
- Provide data cleansing, data quality and data consolidation strategy
- Developing and testing ETL tool
- Design and develop data aggregation model
The Ideal Candidate
Has Expertise in:
- Postgres RDBMS
- Postgres programming language PL/pgSQL
- Linux O.S. and native shell scriptin
Is Experienced in:
- Relational database management systems
- SQL Programming
- Data Modelling
- Business Intelligence and data presentation tools and technics
- Designing and developing system and data interfaces
- Data Extraction, transformation and ingestion Creation and maintenance of Technical documentation
Any experience in the following would be of great value:
- Configuration and/or change management experience
- Asset management
- Tableau or similar BI tools
- EO data products
- Java Programming
- ETL procedures
- Good communications skills in English (spoken, written) and possibly good knowledge of Italian
- Proactive approach to problem identification and resolution
- Take full responsibility for the successful conclusion of the activities and success-oriented
- Very good customer liaison capability and team-player spirit
- Sharp and curious mind
- Availability to travel within Europe to attend meetings
Preference will be given to employees belonging to "Categoria Protetta (Law 68/99)" or registered in “lista di mobilità”
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application
About the Company
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.