17/215001 MTG Programme Scheduler
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For our activities in EUMETSAT, we are currently looking for two MTG Programme Schedulers.
It is foreseen, that the detailed tasks of the Key person will include the following:
- Ensuring support to system management:
- Maintain a detailed development logic and schedule of the MTG Programme, in particular for the integration, validation and verification of the system
- including all the subsystems and services, consistently with overall programme constraints, and in coordination with the relevant EUMETSAT teams, contractors and partners;
- Ensuring that the corresponding development logic and schedule remains at all times consistent with programme constraints;
- Performing a critical path assessment and analysis of each version of the schedule;
- Determining a forecast for their completion of the activities / main reviews.
- Track activities progress against agreed development plans and schedule and signal any likely or identified deviations from these plans, together with the elaboration of proposals to reduce the impact of any deviation;
- Provide once per month a schedule summary report for the Schedule Control Board on development progress against the development schedule and the status of interactions;
- Identify interactions among subsystems and partners/contractors and associate them with main development milestones and work breakdown structure. Support defining interactions between subsystems, together with their need dates. Interactions shall cover:
- Deliverables: hardware, software, databases, documentation, algorithms, test data sets, tools, configuration statuses
- o Support: mutual review support, joint integration and testing, operational rehearsals preparation and execution, test data analyses
- o Access to: services, sites, facilities, infrastructure and interfaces.
- Generate and analyse schedule performance indicators, milestone trend charts,
- Providing maintenance and management of the MTG planning & schedules
- Establish, monitor, maintain and control the MTG Programme planning and schedules, based on inputs from the programme technical teams (i.e. System, Ground Segment, Space Segment), including activities, inputs outputs. The tasks extend to include planning and monitoring of the associated resources,
- Improve and maintain multi-layered programme planning files and schedules, based on:
- The Level 0 planning is intended for reporting on progress to EUMETSAT Delegate Bodies and providing a summary view of the life-cycle and major milestones only
- First level schedule used for coordination and reporting to the Programme Management; this level reflects the MTG programme development logic and the main interdependencies among the segments.
- Second level schedules indicating the main programme elements activities and interdependencies,
- Third level schedules used by engineering or procurement teams to detail their own work and interactions.
- Level one and level two schedules will cover the complete programme and system life cycle and allow analysis of critical paths and margins,
- Monitor and control programme planning and schedules, including maintenance of and controlled changes to the schedule baseline in view of progress made and scope changes agreed,
- Generate periodic scheduling status reports, including trend analysis of scheduling performance indicators,
- Prepare and contribute to monthly programme meetings on planning and schedule management, monitoring and control,
- Assist programme team leaders in establishing, monitoring and controlling individual plans and schedules as well as related programme resources,
- Follow-up subsystem developments and participate in necessary meetings and reviews.
The Ideal Candidate
The Key Person shall preferably have a university degree (in a management or engineering discipline). He/she shall have at least 3 years proven hands-on experience in project planning, scheduling, monitoring and control. Demonstrated experience in large system developments, Space and/or Ground Segments is considered to be an asset.
In detail, the Key Persons shall demonstrate:
- extensive hands-on experience in schedule preparation, monitoring and control, for complex/large system programmes, preferably space systems, as well as in planning and monitoring the allocated resources;
- extensive experience in using Microsoft Project or a similar project management tool suite (e.g. Primavera);
- knowledge of and hands-on experience with project management standards (e.g., ECSS) and project scheduling concepts and techniques;
- ability to draft concise management reports and executive level presentations in English;
- extensive hands-on experience in using the Microsoft Office Suite and in particular Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
The Key Persons are expected to collect inputs from the various programme team members, and summarise the gathered information for the management. For this purpose, they shall possess very good inter-personal and communication skills to be able to interface efficiently with both the management and technical levels of the tasks. They shall also conduct all activities in an orderly and disciplined manner and be able to work calmly and correctly under stress.
The Key Person shall be fluent in English. Knowledge of French would be considered an asset. The working language of the MTG Programme is English.
The closing date for applications is 20/11/17.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application.
Relocation assistance provided (if applicable).
About the Company
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 60,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
Serco European Agencies