17/1606 Dissemination Systems and Software Architect
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
The candidate shall perform the following tasks:
- Review ECPs that impact multi-mission data services;
- Contribute to definition of service evolution needs from operational and maintenance perspectives;
- Contribute to analysis of user requirements and ICDs for service enhancements and future missions;
- Contribute to definition of system requirements for service enhancements and future missions;
- Prepare and propose ECPs for service enhancements;
- Prepare delta design documentation for system & software upgrades for future missions;
- Participate in formal reviews of delta design documentation;
- Co-ordinate and contribute to implementation and testing of system & software enhancements and upgrades exploiting industry support where possible;
- Co-ordinate and contribute to integration of system & software enhancements and upgrades;
- Contribute to preparation of verification test documentation;
- Co-ordinate and contribute to non-regression and verification testing activities exploiting industry support where possible;
- Contribute to validation testing activities;
In the performance of these tasks, the candidate shall follow the relevant operations change management, document management and maintenance procedures.
The Ideal Candidate
In addition to having a University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline, the candidate shall have experience in the operations, maintenance and evolution of data services in a highly-available (24/7) environment.
The candidate shall have the following mandatory experience and skills with a minimum of 5 years for each:
- System Engineering Experience/Skills:
- Analysis of legacy systems;
- Requirements engineering;
- Development of architectural evolutions;
- High-Availability systems;
- Standard file transfer protocols (FTP, FTPS, SFTP);
- Multicast data distribution applications;
- Supporting internal and external users;
- Exploiting industry support.
- Software Engineering Experience/Skills:
- Software development and/or maintenance using an object-oriented approach and following a formal life cycle, i.e. requirements capture/analysis, design, implementation, test and operations;
- Configuration management and anomaly reporting/tracking tools.
A practical knowledge of the following technologies and tools would be an advantage:
- Service-oriented system engineering;
- UML or SysML;
- Enterprise Architect or CORE;
- Shell scripting languages (bash, csh, peri);
Furthermore, the candidate must have excellent team working skills, be able to take initiative, work autonomously without supervision, perform under high workloads and have good analytical and presentation skills.
The official languages of EUMETSAT are English and French. The working language for this position is English and therefore the Contractor must be able to work effectively in this language.
Please note that the closing date for applications is on 12/10/2017.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application.
Relocation assistance provided (if applicable).
About the Company
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 60,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you